Emergency Preparedness Resources
At Mobiloil Credit Union, our top priority is our members, and we know how important it is to have an effective plan in place in the event of an emergency or disaster. That's why we've created this resource full of useful services we offer, steps on how to protect your home and finances during a disaster, and top recommended sources that will help you stay in the know.
We encourage you to bookmark this page and utilize it as a resource to help you prepare for yourself and your family.
How We Can Help
- Mobile app - Easily access your account from your phone anytime, anywhere.
- Online Banking - Register for 24/7 access to your account.
- MobiloilX - Video chat with a Mobiloil Credit Union representative.
- Account Alerts - Receive activity notifications, balance updates and more.
- Card Controls - Turn your card on/off, receive card alerts, and more.
- Thrive Visa® Credit Card - Use for large purchases such as hotel reservations, fueling gas, and more.
- Overdraft Protection - Protect your checking account balance from falling below zero.
- SnapDeposit - Easily deposit checks from your phone.
- Shared Branching Network - Complete Mobiloil Credit Union transactions at other credit unions.
- eStatements - Reduce paperwork and store all account activity through online statements.
- Online Bill Pay - Ensure bills are paid on time, at your convenience.
Protect Your Home
- Purchase a generator in the event of long-term outages.
- Make sure security systems are working properly and fully charged.
- Check for leaks or openings that could allow water to flow through.
- Clean your gutters as this could prevent potential roof damage and flooding.
- Move electronics and important items to higher elevations.
- Bring any outdoor items inside.
- Place sandbags around entryways and board windows with durable shutters or plywood.
- Turn off electricity and gas.
Manage Your Finances
- Open an Emergency Savings account to use to purchase supplies, food, etc in the event of a hurricane.
- Sign up for Online Banking and download Mobiloil Credit Union’s mobile app so you can easily access your account if you have to evacuate.
- Keep cash on hand in the event ATMs near you lose power.
- Keep a list of disaster-related expenses. Estimate costs of insurance deductibles, evacuations costs, and essentials like food, medical, gas, and shelter.
- Avoid fraud attempts. If you are contacted by someone who claims to be a creditor, don’t respond directly. Instead, use a verified number or email to contact them.
Pack with a Checklist
Food and Supplies
- At least a three-day supply of water & non-perishable food
- Infant formulas and diapers
- Pet food, supplies, and water
- Water filtration system
- Contact information for school, work, doctors, etc.
- Cellphone, batteries, chargers
- AM/FM Radio/NOAA Weather Radio with extra batteries
Tools and Safety Items
- Multi-purpose tools
- Matches or lighter
- First Aid Kit
- Medications for at least one week
- Copies of prescription
- Extra contacts/eyeglasses
Important Documents and Valuable Items
- Photo ID (e.g., Driver's License, passport, etc.)
- Property Records (e.g., insurance policies, deed, lease)
- Personal Records (e.g., birth certificates)
Stay in the Know
One of the most important parts of hurricane planning is to utilize local resources that provide updates, financial relief, shelter, and more. Here are a few of our top recommended resources to follow: