Benefits & Eligibility
Mobiloil Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit financial service cooperative. The credit union is owned and controlled by the people who utilize our array of services. The services of Mobiloil Federal Credit Union are exclusive to our members and their families and are custom designed to provide optimal benefits for each member of the credit union. Our not-for-profit status facilitates the credit union’s ability to return earnings to the members in the form of higher savings rates, preferred services and lower borrowing rates.
Eligibility to join is defined as all persons who live, work, worship, and attend school in Jefferson, Hardin, Jasper, Orange, Newton, Chambers, Liberty and Tyler Counties, and business and organizations of such persons.
Also eligible for membership are immediate family members of members in the existing field of membership, who do not qualify through the community charter. Immediate family members are defined as grandparents, parents, stepparents, stepsiblings, stepchildren, sister, brother, children, grandchildren, adoptive relationships, and members of the household.
The individual must establish his or her membership by opening a share savings account. It is $25 to open a Share Account.
A $25.00 deposit establishes your lifetime membership to Mobiloil Federal Credit Union. This $25.00 represents one share of ownership in the credit union and must be maintained as long as you are a member of the credit union.
As a member of Mobiloil Federal Credit Union you can expect:
- A financially sound institution in compliance with all laws and regulations
- A solid financial condition with assets in excess of $400 million
- A forerunner in the benefits of technology banking
- Confidentiality of records and transactions
- Competitive dividends and loans that are frequently advantaged over other types of financial institutions
- A highly principled staff demonstrating personalized service
- Voting rights
- A matrix of financial services
- Consumer information to assist in making informed monetary decisions and effectively managing your money
Mobiloil Federal Credit Union was established under the guidelines of assisting our members in building better lives by providing a safe place for members’ deposits and access to loans at reasonable rates. We are dedicated to the financial success of our members.
Click here for our online membership application.